Ateliers Verts®


Bonterra

Bonterra Chardonnay 2020

Buy Now

Our Organic fruit offers the characteristic flavours of green apples, pears, and citrus to our chardonnay.

We ferment 70% of the juice in a combination of French and American oak, which is allowed to undergo malolactic fermentation to create a rich, creamy wine with just a touch of new oak spice. The remaining 30% is fermented in stainless steel to preserve the crisp fresh fruit flavors.

We age most of the wine using previously-used or neutral oak in order for these fresh fruit characteristics to shine through. New oak was used for just 15% of the wine to give this chardonnay a nice vanilla note.

An initial impression of rich, buttery cream quickly turns to aromas of honey and lightly toasted almonds, followed by tropical aromas of pineapple, citrusy lemon and crème brulee. The wine is refreshing on the palate, with a minerality that is both bright and clean, drawing you into a vibrant tartness and lemon zest that is absolutely, positively Bonterra Chardonnay, vintage after vintage.

Appellation: California

Alcohol: 13.5%

Bonterra are Climate Neutral Certified and BCorp certified

    Related Good Cause

    Climate Neutral

    Climate Neutral is a nonprofit organisation working to eliminate carbon emissions. We enlist consumers by giving them a simple choice - the choice to look for a climate label when they spend money. We enable brands by creating access to tools and networks that support them during their decarbonisation journey. We measure impact by the tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent that our brands measure, remove, avoid, and reduce.

    Visit the Climate Neutral website »

    Search