The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future.
At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries - developed and developing - in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.
At Ateliers Verts® we recognise the crucial importance of these SDGs:
The 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world are:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water & Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships to achieve the Goals
One of the key features of Ateliers Verts® is its promotion of Good Causes such as charities & NGO’s. Ateliers Verts® is committed to promoting these good causes by raising their profiles and where possible, generating an income for them.
In that regard we have distilled the 17 SDGs into 5 overarching areas of categorisation:
- Land - Good causes related to land-based activities such as forestry protection.
- Sea - Good causes related to ocean-based activities, such as plastic removal.
- Air - Good causes related to air-based activities such as climate care and air pollution prevention.
- People - Good causes related to human well-being – such as safe working practices and mental health well being.
- Animals - Good causes related to protecting animals - such as on a species level or on an overarching level.
By categorising them like this we can see all the charities and NGO’s who, for example, are protecting our oceans. We are also aware that many of these Good Causes cover several areas of categorisation. An organisation protecting a particular animal from extinction, may also be campaigning to save the environment in which it lives, as well as helping to provide a decent standard of living for the indigenous population, so that it is also motivated to protect the animal and its environment.
Welcome to a selection of the Good Causes, Ateliers Verts® is supporting