Tofu Matcha Cheesecake
From the Cauldron Foods recipe, we think their Tofu Matcha Cheesecake is awesome. The Cauldron Vegan Organic Tofu provides the base ingredient which carries the matcha, zesty lime and coconut flavours on a crunchy vegan dark chocolate Oreo® biscuit base.
The organic soya beans used in their Tofu range are certified by the Proterra Foundation Standard for social responsibility and environmental sustainability and are sourced from Italy. Therefore, you can rest assured that the soya in Cauldron Organic Tofu supports zero deforestation practices and is GMO-free.
It's also:-Certified Vegan
-High in Protein
-High in Calcium
-Certified Gluten Free
-Made on a Nut-Free site
So here are the INGREDIENTS you will need:
1 Block of Cauldron Organic Tofu, drained
For the Base:
150g vegan dark chocolate biscuits, crushed (they use Oreo® biscuits)
1 tbsp icing sugar, sieved
90g vegan spread
For the Cake:
8 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp vanilla extract
250g coconut cream
2 tbsp matcha powder dispersed in 2 tbsp hot but not boiling water
2 tbsp lime zest
3 tbsp lime juice
For the Berry Compote:
2-3 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp cold water
Here is the cooking METHOD:
- Grease a 20cm round, loose-based tin.
- Prepare the base by mixing the biscuit crumbs with the icing sugar. Melt the vegan spread in a pan then add to the crumb, stirring until well mixed. Pour into the greased tin and flatten down with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.
- Blitz the tofu with the maple syrup and vanilla extract until very smooth. This may take 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the coconut cream and agar-agar into a pan. Stir well. Leave for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir the tofu mix into the coconut cream. Bring to the boil stirring well ensure the mix reaches boiling point then allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir the matcha powder into the warm water, mix well to disperse then stir in the lime juice. Add this to the tofu mix along with the lime zest. Stir extremely well to disperse, blitz in the food processor if this is difficult, the tofu cream should be smoothly and evenly green at this stage. Pour into the tin and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the berry compote by placing all of the ingredients in a small pan. Bring to the boil then simmer for 3-4 minutes until thickened. Allow to cool.
- Serve with blueberry and raspberry compote and garnish with dried edible flowers.
This is the link to this Cauldron Foods Matcha Tofu Cheesecake recipe.
This is the link to the Cauldron Foods Organic Tofu page.
©Ateliers Verts Ltd. 2021
Back to: Ateliers Verts® The Magazine